Saturday, February 9, 2013

Leslie's place

The neighbors are at Leslie's place and looks like they're all having the Sunday suburban time of their lives over there. I'm standing here by the 8-track machine and I can hear the fun summer sounds as they all lounge by the custom kidney-shaped swimming pool humming along to The Beach Boys' "Help Me Rhonda." I can't understand why they cast those devious stares in my direction with one eye half closed condemning me carelessly. I enjoy being indifferently amused as much as the obligatory subsequent gentleman, right? Maybe I just need to correct all my indiscretions against proper British grammar first. When I was little I used to think that syntax was a term to be avoided, but my Grandmother fixed me straight on that fact of which I must be forever indebted to her. Meanwhile, back at the party, I can see Devonshire tea is being served which makes me wonder… Will they have a warm salad of caramelized pear, potato gnocchi, Persian feta, shaved fennel and candied walnuts served as well? Oh to dine with the elite!



(c) & (p) 2012 subconscious mind publication company

No comments:

Post a Comment